What is the REGENETEN◊ Bioinductive Implant Rotator Cuff Repair System?
When pain persists, Dr. Yau will recommend a new technology by Smith and Nephew, known as the REGENETEN Bioinductive Implant. This system uses a collagen based bioinductive implant or graft material that is the size of a stamp. The implant is comprised of type 1 collagen and is an advanced healing solution for biological enhancement and tendon regeneration across all rotator cuff tear types. This implant has growth factors that help regenerate the healing process. Using arthroscopic surgery, the procedure involves securely placing the implant over the location of the partial rotator cuff injury.
Studies have shown that the REGENETEN Bioinductive Implant helps heal the tendon by inducing growth of new tendon-like tissue. This growth results in thicker rotator cuff tendons and helps replace tissue defects.
What are the Benefits of the REGENETEN◊ Bioinductive Implant Graft?
The REGENETEN Bioinductive Implant for rotator cuff repair can provide a range of benefits, including:
- Faster Recovery
- Potential to prevent or slow down disease progression
- Decreased risk of developing a second degenerative tear
- Repair strength in the induced tissue, not the implant
- Increased and sustained tendon thickness, observed up to 5 years
- The implant is completely absorbed by the body within six months
- Improved recovery with higher patient satisfaction