Workers’ Compensation at Ryu Hurvitz Orthopedic Clinic

Patients in Santa Barbara, Goleta, Santa Maria and Ventura, California can count on us to assist with orthopedic accidents covered by Worker’ Compensation.  A work-related orthopedic injury to the shoulder, knee, hip, elbow or ankle can occur in patients from a number of work backgrounds. Joint injuries can occur during a fall, from blunt trauma, from repetitive movements or during an automobile accident while driving a company vehicle. If your orthopedic injury is due to an accident in the work place, please be sure to contact your employer immediately and inform them of your work-related injury.

For patients whose orthopedic injury is work related, you must provide Dr. Yau’s office with pertinent information, such as insurance carrier, claim number, date of injury, adjuster’s name, phone number and fax number, before the appointment can be scheduled with our team.

Workers’ Compensation Requirements

The following information must be obtained and verified prior to your visit with Dr. Yau:

  • Date of injury
  • Employer
  • Case or claim number
  • WCAB#, if applicable
  • Workers’ compensation carrier information
  • Adjuster’s name
  • Adjuster’s telephone number

Dr. Yau’s office needs to receive authorization from your employer before we can process any medical claims. Failure to properly report your work injury to your employer may result in your claims being denied. Denied claims will be your responsibility.

The Ryu Hurvitz Orthopedic Clinic has the right to send you to collections for any patient balance that is still outstanding after three (3) monthly statements have been sent to you, or if any patient balance is still outstanding after six (6) months after insurance has processed claims, unless prior arrangements have been made.

It is the patient’s responsibility to notify our team immediately of any changes regarding insurance coverage, home address or phone number.

For workers’ compensation questions or concerns, please contact our Billing Department at (805) 963-2729.